Thursday, August 27, 2026

Rough Week

Monday August 17- Sunday August 23, 2026                       Most Recent Posts:
Moose River Campground                                Beautiful Waters and Bingo Bust
St Johnsbury, Vermont                             Getting Drenched, Don Juan & More


There’s not much to say about this week except I’m glad it’s over.   I spent from Sunday evening through Wednesday in bed so I could sleep between trips to the bathroom.  Thank goodness for the small space in Winnona.

I have no idea where the diarrhea came from but if it was food born, it wasn’t from the Campground potluck the day before the onset since no one else in the campground has gotten it.   I suppose it could have been from breakfast that morning but it came on in less than 7 hours and was accompanied by a fever of as much as 101.7 for those first 3 days.  In any case, I doubt I will eat at the Kitchen Counter Cafe again just in case.

On Thursday I was able to get up and get a shower and it has been a slow steady return to my previous condition.  Thus you can understand why I wasn’t using my camera for most of this week.



PXL_20260812_195237803.MPMostly I lay around and binge watched The Katherine Hepburn Spencer Tracy DVD Collection once I could stay awake long enough.  Bless the St J library for having this wonderful collection as I could not keep my mind on any reading.



By Saturday, 6 days later,  I was able to go to town and walk 3.5 miles so things are much much better. 

These pictures are from some of the side streets I walked.   I just love the variety of house colors all over this town.  In Charlottesville, the town nearest the farm, blue and pink houses are very rare if they exist at all.  Or perhaps I haven’t walked around that town quite enough.


20260822_121658



Not sure why this tree wasn’t cut closer to the ground but it makes a wonderful display spot.   What fun to find this on the corner of a street I have walked before.


20260822_123454



20260822_123511



My camera doesn’t show the PINK pink of this house in the St Johnsbury Academy district.

20260822_123646


In the afternoon I was able to work on the previous blog which luckily I had started before I got sick.   I posted it on Sunday so amazingly I am still as up to date as I can get.


The weather has been delightful in the low to mid 70’s all week including Saturday but on Sunday it rained so I was again confined inside but I was able to do a full 45 minutes of yoga.   If I could just figure out whether I can stop restricting my diet to bananas, white toast, baked unadorned white potatoes and applesauce in the main.  What I wouldn’t give for some rice and beans.
I’m still afraid to take a chance.   Not on the rice, on the beans.


Undoubtedly your week has been better than mine.   Hope you’ll tell me about it in the comments.

20 comments:

  1. So sorry you were sick, it sounds just miserable. Glad you are better now. I love that little gnome. He looks much like our little Eldaar that we foud at a campfire in the mountains a couple of years ago., He now travels with us when we are camping and watches our fires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the story of your gnome. Miserable is a good word.

      Delete
  2. Tough week for sure. Glad you're over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. Hope to see you when I'm in Virginia.

      Delete
  3. So sorry you got sick, no fun for sure! We've been healthy here, despite the smoke from fires in Big Sur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fun is right. Glad you two are well. So sorry about the fires. Hope there isn't a lot of smoke in your air.

      Delete
  4. People in St. Johnsbury are certainly creative in their choice of colors!! The houses are amazing but it must cost a fortune to heat those big homes in the Vermont winters! See ya in Virginia. Mary on Mason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are there any colorful houses in C'ville? Maybe Belmont?

      Delete
  5. Not fun being sick in your RV. Of course, being sick anywhere is no fun. Glad you're over it. I am very allergic to sweet potatoes and at one RV rally where there was a chili cookoff, I sampled some vegetable chili that unknown to me had some sweet potatoes mixed in with it. I was so sick I almost was praying for death. It's funny now but I don't ever take the chance of trying any chilli at any cookoffs again. :cO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Paul. I've never heard of anyone allergic to sweet potatoes. I wouldn't eat any unknown chilis either in that circumstance.

      Delete
  6. Glad you made it through Sherry! You sure are a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know about a trooper. I just waited it out. Thankfully it happened before I have to head south.

      Delete
  7. Oh, no...I'm so sorry you were so sick. I hope you're all better now and back to eating beans (and other good stuff! Like ice cream!) So glad you've had such gorgeous weather this summer. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to see you in the comments Laurel hope all is well with you and Eric.

      Delete
  8. Ugh- you were miserable and sick for way too long! Ilike colored houses but that pink one is awful- such a bad shade of pink... xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the pink one could be a function of my camera. It seemed more pink to me than the picture showed. Hope we cross paths in Virginia sometime this fall

      Delete
  9. Oh my! I am so sorry you were so sick. I wonder where you got that from? Hard to know, but I'm so glad you're on the other side of it now. Sounds debilitating and exhausting. I'm glad you didn't have to travel and could just wait it out. Pretty houses, but I agree with Pam's comment that the pink house is a "bad shade."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm glad I'm on the other side of it too and that I didn't have to travel with it. I'm also glad that my body took care of it without having to go to a doctor and get some sort of medication. Looking forward to seeing you.

      Delete
  10. Thank goodness you are feeling well now before your trip. There's still more to discover in the St. J area. Hope to see you next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to see you Adele. Hope you have very happy camping travels this fall.

      Delete

Your comments help me in more ways than you can know. Thanks in advance.