Thursday, August 27, 2026

Rough Week

Monday August 17- Sunday August 23, 2026                       Most Recent Posts:
Moose River Campground                                Beautiful Waters and Bingo Bust
St Johnsbury, Vermont                             Getting Drenched, Don Juan & More


There’s not much to say about this week except I’m glad it’s over.   I spent from Sunday evening through Wednesday in bed so I could sleep between trips to the bathroom.  Thank goodness for the small space in Winnona.

I have no idea where the diarrhea came from but if it was food born, it wasn’t from the Campground potluck the day before the onset since no one else in the campground has gotten it.   I suppose it could have been from breakfast that morning but it came on in less than 7 hours and was accompanied by a fever of as much as 101.7 for those first 3 days.  In any case, I doubt I will eat at the Kitchen Counter Cafe again just in case.

On Thursday I was able to get up and get a shower and it has been a slow steady return to my previous condition.  Thus you can understand why I wasn’t using my camera for most of this week.



PXL_20260812_195237803.MPMostly I lay around and binge watched The Katherine Hepburn Spencer Tracy DVD Collection once I could stay awake long enough.  Bless the St J library for having this wonderful collection as I could not keep my mind on any reading.



By Saturday, 6 days later,  I was able to go to town and walk 3.5 miles so things are much much better. 

These pictures are from some of the side streets I walked.   I just love the variety of house colors all over this town.  In Charlottesville, the town nearest the farm, blue and pink houses are very rare if they exist at all.  Or perhaps I haven’t walked around that town quite enough.


20260822_121658



Not sure why this tree wasn’t cut closer to the ground but it makes a wonderful display spot.   What fun to find this on the corner of a street I have walked before.


20260822_123454



20260822_123511



My camera doesn’t show the PINK pink of this house in the St Johnsbury Academy district.

20260822_123646


In the afternoon I was able to work on the previous blog which luckily I had started before I got sick.   I posted it on Sunday so amazingly I am still as up to date as I can get.


The weather has been delightful in the low to mid 70’s all week including Saturday but on Sunday it rained so I was again confined inside but I was able to do a full 45 minutes of yoga.   If I could just figure out whether I can stop restricting my diet to bananas, white toast, baked unadorned white potatoes and applesauce in the main.  What I wouldn’t give for some rice and beans.
I’m still afraid to take a chance.   Not on the rice, on the beans.


Undoubtedly your week has been better than mine.   Hope you’ll tell me about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help me in more ways than you can know. Thanks in advance.